1. Porter ME. Value-based health care delivery. Annals of surgery. 2008;248(4):503-9.
2. Porter ME. What is value in health care? N Engl J Med. 2010;363(26):2477-81.
3. Malfait S, Eeckloo K, Van Hecke A. The Influence of Nurses' Demographics on Patient Participation in Hospitals: A Cross-Sectional Study. Worldviews Evid Based Nurs. 2017 ;14(6): 455-62.
4. Higgins A, Doyle L, Downes C, Morrissey J, Costello P, Brennan M, et al. There is more to risk and safety planning than dramatic risks: Mental health nurses' risk assessment and safety-management practice. Int J Ment Health Nurs. 2016;25(2):159-70.
5. Sahlsten MJ, Larsson IE, Sjostrom B, Plos KA. An analysis of the concept of patient participation. Nurs Forum. 2008;43(1):2-11.
6. Heyrani A, Maleki M, Marnani AB, Ravaghi H, Sedaghat M, Jabbari M, et al. Clinical governance implementation in a selected teaching emergency department: a systems approach. Implement Sci. 2012;7:84.
7. Joolaee S, Nikbakht-Nasrabadi A, Parsa-Yekta Z, Tschudin V, Mansouri I. An Iranian perspective on patients' rights. Nurs Ethics. 2006;13(5):488-502.
8. Malfait S, Eeckloo K, Van Daele J, Van Hecke A. The Patient Participation Culture Tool for healthcare workers (PaCT-HCW) on general
hospital wards: A development and psychometric validation study. Int J Nurs Stud. 2016; 61:187-97.
9. Longtin Y, Sax H, Leape LL, Sheridan SE, Donaldson L, Pittet D. Patient participation: current knowledge and applicability to patient safety. Mayo Clinic proceedings. 2010;85(1):53-62.
10. van den Brink-Muinen A, van Dulmen SM, de Haes HC, Visser AP, Schellevis FG, Bensing JM. Has patients' involvement in the decision-making process changed over time? Health expectations : an international journal of public participation in health care and health policy. 2006;9(4):333-42.
11. Henderson S. Power imbalance between nurses and patients: a potential inhibitor of partnership in care. Journal of clinical nursing. 2003;12(4):501-8.
12. Davis RE, Koutantji M, Vincent CA. How willing are patients to question healthcare staff on issues related to the quality and safety of their healthcare? An exploratory study. Quality & safety in health care. 2008;17(2):90-6.
13. Ding B, Liu W, Tsai SB, Gu D, Bian F, Shao X. Effect of Patient Participation on Nurse and Patient Outcomes in Inpatient Healthcare. International journal of environmental research and public health. 2019;16(8).
14. Benner P. From Novice To Expert. AJN The American Journal of Nursing. 1982; 82(3): 402-7.
15. Kovacs Burns K, Bellows M, Eigenseher C, Gallivan J. 'Practical' resources to support patient and family engagement in healthcare decisions: a scoping review. BMC Health Serv Res. 2014;14:175.
16. Kane RL, Shamliyan TA, Mueller C, Duval S, Wilt TJ. The association of registered nurse staffing levels and patient outcomes: systematic review and meta-analysis. Med Care. 2007; 45(12): 1195-204.
17. Davis RE, Jacklin R, Sevdalis N, Vincent CA. Patient involvement in patient safety: what factors influence patient participation and engagement? Health expectations: an international journal of public participation in health care and health policy.2007;10(3):259-67.