1. Li N, Du XL, Reitzel LR, Xu L, Sturgis EM. Impact of enhanced detection on the increase in thyroid cancer incidence in the United States: review of incidence trends by socioeconomic status within the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results registry, 1980–2008. Thyroid. 2013; 23(1):103-10.
2. Luster M, Clarke SE, Dietlein M, Lassmann M, Lind P, Oyen WJ, et al. Guidelines for radioiodine therapy of differentiated thyroid cancer. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2008; 35(10):1941-59.
3. Chen AY, Jemal A, Ward EM. Increasing incidence of differentiated thyroid cancer in the United States, 1988-2005. Cancer. 2009; 115(16):3801-7.
4. Kent WD, Hall SF, Isotalo PA, Houlden RL, George RL, Groome PA. Increased incidence of differentiated thyroid carcinoma and detection of subclinical disease. CMAJ. 2007; 177(11):1357-61.
5. Pellegriti G, Frasca F, Regalbuto C, Squatrito S, Vigneri R. Worldwide increasing incidence of thyroid cancer: update on epidemiology and risk factors. J Cancer Epidemiol. 2013; 2013:965212.
6. Aghaei A, Ayati N, Shafiei S, Abbasi B, Zakavi SR. Comparison of treatment efficacy 1 and 2 years after thyroid remnant ablation with 1110 versus 5550 MBq of iodine-131 in patients with intermediate-risk differentiated thyroid cancer. Nucl Med Commun. 2017; 38(11):927-31.
7. Schmidbauer B, Menhart K, Hellwig D, Grosse J. Differentiated thyroid cancer-treatment: state of the art. Int J Mol Sci. 2017; 18(6):E1292.
8. Carhill AA, Litofsky DR, Ross DS, Jonklaas J, Cooper DS, Brierley JD, et al. Long-term outcomes following therapy in differentiated thyroid carcinoma: NTCTCS registry analysis 1987-2012. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015; 100(9):3270-9.
9. Jonklaas J, Sarlis NJ, Litofsky D, Ain KB, Bigos ST, Brierley JD, et al. Outcomes of patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma following initial therapy. Thyroid. 2006; 16(12):1229-42.
10. Tuttle RM. Differentiated thyroid cancer: Radioiodine treatment. Waltham MA: UpToDate; 2016.
11. Mazzaferri EL, Jhiang SM. Long-term impact of initial surgical and medical therapy on papillary and follicular thyroid cancer. Am J Med. 1994; 97(5):418-28.
12. Cooper DS, Doherty GM, Haugen BR, Kloos RT, Lee SL, Mandel SJ, et al. Revised American Thyroid Association management guidelines for patients with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer. Thyroid. 2009; 19(11):1167-214.
13. Cooper DS, Doherty GM, Haugen BR, Kloos RT, Lee SL, Mandel SJ, et al. Management guidelines for patients with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer. Thyroid. 2006; 16(2):109-42.
14. Haugen BR, Sawka AM, Alexander EK, Bible K, Caturegli P, Doherty G, et al. American thyroid association guidelines on the management of thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer task force review and recommendation on the proposed renaming of encapsulated follicular variant papillary thyroid carcinoma without invasion to noninvasive follicular thyroid neoplasm with papillary-like nuclear features. Thyroid. 2017;27(4):481-3.
15. Fatourechi V, Hay ID, Mullan BP, Wiseman GA, Eghbali-Fatourechi GZ, Thorson LM, et al. Are posttherapy radioiodine scans informative and do they influence subsequent therapy of patients with differentiated thyroid cancer? Thyroid. 2000; 10(7):573-7.
16. Ronga G, Fiorentino A, Paserio E, Signore A, Todino V, Tummarello MA, et al. Can iodine-131 wholebody scan be replaced by thyroglobulin measurement in the post-surgical follow-up of differentiated thyroid carcinoma. J Nucl Med. 1990;31(11):1766-71.
17. Schlumberger M. Can iodine-131 whole-body scan be replaced by thyroglobulin measurement in the post-surgical follow-up of differentiated thyroid carcinoma? J Nucl Med. 1992; 33(1):172-3.
18. Hung BT, Huang SH, Huang YE, Wang PW. Appropriate time for post-therapeutic I-131 whole body scan. Clin Nucl Med. 2009; 34(6):339-42.
19. Castro MR, Bergert ER, Goellner JR, Hay ID, Morris JC. Immunohistochemical analysis of sodium iodide symporter expression in metastatic differentiated thyroid cancer: correlation with radioiodine uptake.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001; 86(11):5627-32.
20. Wang S, Liang J, Lin Y, Yao R. Differential expression of the Na+/I‑ symporter protein in thyroid cancer and adjacent normal and nodular goiter tissues. Oncol Lett. 2013; 5(1):368-72.